7 Places to Add Sliding Barn Doors
Sliding barn doors provide a rustic charm that many homeowners desire. These popular items add a ton of character and they are practical as well. If you’re in need of sliding barn door inspiration, these 7 unique uses for barn doors should do the trick.
- Pantries – One of the most common uses of sliding barn doors is for pantries. Sliding barn doors provide easy access to the pantry and also add a rustic feel to the kitchen. The beauty of adding sliding barn doors to your pantry is that you can just as easily add one or two doors and it will look great.
- Divide Rooms – Adding sliding barn doors between rooms is one way to create space and separation while still keeping things open and accessible. You can close the doors to create privacy and block sound or you can leave them open to provide a gorgeous look.
- Bathroom – It might seem odd to replace a bathroom door with sliding barn doors, but it is actually quite popular. It is especially popular for bathrooms that are connected to a bedroom as it provides a beautiful addition to the décor while still maintaining enough privacy.
- Office – If you’re fortunate enough to have a personal office at your home, sliding barn doors can be a great addition to make the entrance especially elegant.
- Laundry Room – Putting in sliding barn doors for the laundry room will dull the noise of the washer and dryer while also giving your home the rustic charm and timeless appeal of barn doors.
- Kitchen – A kitchen is a great room for adding sliding barn doors because they greatly enhance the versatility of your home. If you like an open kitchen for special occasions with guests, but prefer a closed kitchen other times, sliding barn doors give you the best of both worlds. Plus, the stylish look of barn doors creates a sense of place.
- Shed or Barn – Don’t forget that you can use sliding barn doors as they were intended! Adding some new doors to a barn or shed is a great way to spruce it up and make it feel fresh and clean.
There’s plenty of ways to use sliding barn doors. To find the perfect sliding barn doors for your home, contact us at Capital City Millwork and we’ll help you find exactly what you need.
For more sliding barn door inspiration, check out these resources: